BITS2011 - Pisa – June 20-22, 2011,
Area della Ricerca del CNR
The annual meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society will be held in Pisa, June 20-22, 2011.
Submitted contributions should address novel bioinformatics methods, algorithms, databases, tools and applications for research and development in one or more of the following domains:
- Molecular Evolution and Comparative Genomics
- Protein structure and function
- Systems Biology
- Biological Databases and Biobanks
- Algorithms for Bioinformatics
- Biophysics and Synthetic Biology
- Industrial Track
In addition to the usual topics of general pertinence in Bioinformatics, this meeting will cover two new areas:
- Biophysics and Synthetic biology (as Structural biology and Origin of Life themes are in common between these disciplines and Bioinformatics)
- Industrial track: in cooperation with Fondazione Toscana Life-Sciences, with the goal to have a parallel discussion of the possible industrial applications of the scientific subjects discussed during the sessions.
We stimulate industries not only to submit scientific contributions, that are welcome as usual, but to give short talks focused on their needs, goals and direction concerning bioinformatics, with particular emphasis at opening a dialogue with young researchers and Ph. D. students. A round table in the last congress day will collect a global assessment of how the industrial world sees the bioinformatics research.